HR Compliance Guide for 2024 - Dental Professional Portal
What is HR Compliance?
HR compliance means abiding by the professional standards, and ethical and legal norms of human resources management. It is about creating a progressive workplace that respects the quality and rights of your employees.
HR compliance covers legal aspects including equality legislation, health and safety regulations employment laws. Furthermore, it takes into account ethical contemplations such as fair treatment of your staff and creating a transparent office ethos.
Common HR Compliance Issues
Due to being so busy, Dental Practice staff can make honest mistakes in their HR compliance. Here are some of the more common areas where this can occur:
- Discrimination: Unlawful discrimination based on ethnicity, gender or age is not only illegal but it is also unethical.
- Wage Regulations: If you fail to pay the National Minimum Wage in your surgery then you can face hefty fines. It can also cause damage to your brand reputation too.
- Working Time Violations: By not providing enough breaks or allowing your staff to exceed the maximum allowed weekly working hours could lead to court proceedings and other legal action.
- GDPR and Data Privacy: The mishandling of sensitive employee data and any non-compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) can lead to harsh penalties. It can also damage your trust in your employees.
HR Audits or checklists
An HR audit helps to check that your HR processes and policies are in place which will make sure that you are staying compliant within the UK employment regulations. It is a great strategic tool to keep you dental practice in position for success.
Use Our Ultimate HR compliance checklist To Help Your To Remain Compliance:
Below is an HR compliance checklist:
- Employment Contracts and Documentation
- National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage
- Working Time Regulations
- Equality and Discrimination
- Health and Safety
- Annual Leave and Holidays
- Sick Leave and Sick Pay
- Right-to-Work Checks
- Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, and Shared Parental Leave
- Data Protection and GDPR Compliance
- Termination and Redundancy
- Pension Auto-Enrolment
- Training and Development
- Employee Handbook and Policies
- Trade Union and Employee Consultation
- Grievances and Dispute Resolution
- Exit leave
The main goal of your HR compliance checklist is to make sure your Dental Practice is run according to UK employment law. When you meticulously review your surgeries HR policies, practices and processes, an audit can spot possible areas and risks of non-compliance. This could be for working hours, wages or another reason.
Your HR audit checklist identifies liabilities in your HR processes, so you can put precautionary measures in place. This can include data security risk, discrimination issues and other vulnerabilities. By understanding your HR processes and where they are lacking, can help create a more resilient and stronger business.
Dental Professional Portal HR Portfolio
Say goodbye to HR challenges and streamline your operations effortlessly. DPP HR Portfolio has many excellent functionalities within its Portal to help you to run your business successful and to meet HR compliance.
The HR Portfolio will provide your dental staff with a comprehensive online platform, which will allow them to showcase their professional portfolio and encourage a culture of ongoing professional growth and development.
𝐒𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐲 𝐇𝐑 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐃𝐏𝐏:
● Effortlessly update contact info
● Access earning statements 24/7
● Seamlessly coordinate across practices
𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞:
● Keep your dental portfolio up-to-date
● Never miss important information
● Ensure smooth dental practice management
Take advantage of our free month’s trial and see how all of these tasks help benefit your staff and business.